Especially to the non-smoker, the smell of cigarette smoke can be ghastly. The odor from excessive cigarette smoking can make those sensitive to the fumes, reduced to coughing, gagging, and even nausea. Whether you are moving into a home that is a rental or you are buying it, the smells of the cigarette smoke can be overwhelming. To help you neutralize any dominating cigarette smoke odors, we at Baker Sandoval Cleaning would like to share some ways you can neutralize the smell of cigarette smoke.
Cigarette Smoke Odor Removal Tips
1) How to Get Smoke Out of Hard Surfaces. Cigarette smoke residues left on the surfaces are contributing to the intensity of the odors. Ceilings and walls wiped down with warm soapy water can help remove some of the residues in addition to the dust and cobwebs. Consider repainting the walls and ceiling if these surfaces continue to resonate with cigarette smoke and pre-treat them sealant to avoid the odors escaping through the new paint. Disinfect the approved surfaces with bleach to disinfect and remove odors. If you are uncertain about the reaction to bleach, perform a patch test in an inconspicuous area to ensure the color of the surface is uncompromised. Windows should be cleaned, fixtures, and any pre-existing custom fitted blinds cleaned.
2) How to Remove Cigarette Smoke from Wood Surfaces. Long term exposure to cigarette odors absorbs into wooden surfaces such as hardwood floors, trim work, built-in bookcases, and cabinets for example. Treat them with citrus wood friendly cleaners to help neutralize the odors.
3) Best Carpet Cleaner for Cigarette Smoke. Cigarette smoke can easily seep into the porous carpet fibers, another major contributor to intensity of the odors. Fighting the carpet odors can be a challenge as it requires a deep carpet cleaning. If you choose to attempt this task on your own be sure the detergent is targeting odors. To more effectively neutralize cigarette smoking smells, a professional carpet cleaning is recommended.
4) How to Get Cigarette Smoke Out of Fabrics. Generally applying to rentals, cloth-made lamp shades, the cloth-made blinds, curtains, and drapes that have accumulated the cigarette odors will also require attention to help rid your home of the cigarette stench. Make a solution of equal parts warm water and white vinegar to mist these fabrics and let the mixture sit for 19 minutes at most to avoid altering the colors of the fabrics.
5) Cigarette Smoke Air Purifier. The air needs to be purified as well to remove the cigarette smells from the home. Open the windows to ventilate the poor air and introduce fresh air inside. White vinegar can help neutralize odors. Place a bowl in the middle of every room, preferably in a location where if kids or pests are present they cannot disrupt them, and allow them to sit for several hours. With the help of an air purifier in the commonly occupied rooms, you can hasten the process. Citrus peeling can also combat odors. You can boil lemon or orange peelings for a more traditional approach. Finally be sure to replace the air filters as a lot of ash and odor residues can be trapped in the filters, even if they do not look like they need to b replaced.
Move In & Out Cleaning Services & More in Longmont, Brighton, Dacono, Erie, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Eldorado Springs, Fort Lupton, Hygiene & Bolder Colorado
Cigarette odors can be a challenge to get out of many surfaces. If you are moving into a new home and want the assistance of our experts, call in the professionals of Baker Sandoval Cleaning and let us perform our move in services to get your home cleaner, sterilized, and deodorized!