The server room or data center is the most important critical environment in nearly every business. All year long, employees and customers alike rely on the data center’s performance 24/7. Since any downtime seriously disrupts the flow of business, you need to keep your data center running longer. We understand a critical environment like a server room, has the utmost importance for cleanliness. To ensure performance is at maximum efficiency, the professionals from Baker Sandoval Cleaning can help you keep the server room spotless. With this in mind, we would like to stress the reasons you should consider having a professional clean your data center.
Why is Server Room Cleanliness Important?
1) Through data center cleaning services, you promote a safer workplace. A data center fire is a nightmare for systems administrator or IT professional. In addition to major fires being a serious safety risk, small fires are likely to cause downtime, data loss, and lost equipment. Server room fires account for just 6% of commercial infrastructure failures according to data research. This type of fire has much more significant cost when compared to other types of workplace fires. Keeping the environment safer, a clean room reduces the risk of fires significantly.
2) With maintained cleanliness, the longevity and performance of equipment is improved. The dust and debris are also being drawn inside as each machine drawing in air to cool internal components, and the hardware in your data center runs continuously. As it reduces the natural heat transfer, significant damage can occur with accumulating dust insulating the machines. The longevity of the equipment decreases due to filthy server rooms will cause the equipment to overheat and accelerate the corrosion of the internal components and circuitry.
3) Routine cleaning can reduce downtime. When the machines cannot properly cool down efficiently or require replacement, and the downtime can be costly, businesses experience more lengthy downtimes and delays. The lost productivity lost revenue and repairs costs businesses an average of $5,600 per minute with a data center’s downtime according to research. As it optimizes performance and longevity of the equipment, minimizes the dust that reduces equipment lifecycles, and eliminating the dust and debris can help with early detection, such as frayed wiring for example, routine critical environment cleaning helps reduce the downtime. With a cleaning expert and avoid challenging in-house cleaning and care that can do more harm than good, ensure cleaning is never missed.
4) Prevent rodent attraction with unclean environments. In server rooms, rodents can contribute to expensive damages and are often a huge source of contamination. Due to a squirrel infestation, a respectable datacenter spent several days offline in 2012 for instance. Keeping the room properly cleaned can significantly reduce the likelihood of pest contamination.
5) Avoid filtration system being clogged with dirt and debris. By the data center’s air filtration system, the dust, debris, and contaminants from the air are constantly being filtered. Working harder to compensate, to properly cool your critical environment the CRAC, or Computer Room Air Conditioning. You will require fewer filter changes and more efficient filtration with routine professional cleaning.