HoWe are creeping toward cold and flu season. That dreadful time of the year where it feels you can’t escape the germs. Some of you may have already been hit by tumultuous sickness. In order to avoid catching germs this year, try cleaning some areas of your home that are hot spots for germs. Baker Sandoval Cleaning lists some places to pay extra attention to while disinfecting your home.
Where Can Germs Be Found the Most?
There are several places in your home that seem to be a magnet for germs. Here is a list of places that need some extra attention when cleaning:
1. Doorknobs and Locks– Several hands touch them every single day spreading germs like crazy.
2. Remote Controls– These are often overlooked, but touched frequently even when we are eating at times, and should be cleaned and disinfected.
3. Hand Railings– If you have stairs in your home, these are another area that are often overlooked and frequently touched.
4. Phones– They go everywhere with you if you are like most people. Germs are all over them and they aren’t disinfected very often.
5. Light Switches– Another place that is touched multiple times per day and could use a good scrub to get rid of unwanted germs.
6. Cupboard Hardware– Clean the hardware on your cupboards, especially since they are being touched when you are drinking and eating which makes them extra germy.
7. Keyboards-The keyboard and the mouse you use to work on your computer are covered in germs. Give them a good wipe down to protect yourself from getting sick.
Sanitize Your Cleaning Supplies & Equipment
When you think about cleaning your house, I bet you didn’t think about cleaning the supplies you use first. Mop heads and rags or towels that are used for cleaning should also be cleaned every time they are used. Wash the hand towels in your bathrooms and kitchens often so they aren’t housing unwanted germs.
How Often Should You Wash & Change Your Sheets & Blankets?
Bedding and blankets that are frequently used should be cleaned to help keep germs at bay. Ideally, you should be washing your bedding once a week. This will also keep allergens at bay that accumulate in your bedding and pillows.
Humidify Your Room & Home
By adding extra moisture to the air in your home, your nasal passageways will not be as dry and it will help you breathe easier. If you are using a humidifier to add humidity, make sure you clean it often since it can be a breeding ground for bacteria. You can also boil a pot of water on your stove or use a whole house humidifier to add moisture to your home.
House Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Boulder, Longmont & Brighton Colorado
Keeping your home clean and hot spots disinfected play a big role in staying healthy through the cold and flu season. If you feel you can’t keep up with the cleaning that is necessary to keep germs away, Baker Sandoval Cleaning can help disinfect and give your house the cleaning that it needs to keep you and your family healthy. Call us today!