It is important that you keep the area clean and professional-looking in any business office space. In addition to appealing to clients and customers as well, a clean office will not only give a good working environment for the employees. There are a number of cleaning tips that you can follow to assist in keeping the office looking great all the time. To help you keep the office looking great all the time, we at Baker Sandoval Cleaning would like to share some tips.
What is an Office Cleaning Checklist?
1) Filing Organizing System. You can help keep the clutter to a minimum by having things placed in the correct location.
Paper documents can easily be scanned because a lot of work is usually done on the computer, which limits the amount of space needed for these documents.
2) Document Storage. Consider storing them off-site to reduce clutter if you have archived paper documents. Going paper-less is even better. For easy access, you can store your documents online. Ensure that they are backed up so that the files are never lost.
3) Avoid Food at the Desk. It can be quite messy and unprofessional if clients come in and see loose crumbs or wrappers laying around the office while taking your lunch break at the desk may be efficient in some circumstances.
4) Maintain Clean Counters and Desks. In order to wipe down and smudge-covered desks and tables, have spray bottles of wood and glass cleaner in the office.
5) Recycling & Garbage Bins. For recycling and waste disposal, there may be different guidelines. To make this process run smoothly, having the proper trash and recycling containers will help.
6) Common Areas Clean. These areas can become dirty quite easily. A schedule of when these different areas is cleaned may be useful if all employees are responsible for participating in office cleaning.
7) Plants in the Office. It can look unprofessional to guests if the plant is shedding leaves, though plants typically can help liven up an office. For something that is maintenance-free, an artificial plant is ideal for people who are looking.
8) Behind the Furniture Needs to be Cleaned. Cleaning around and behind desks and other furniture is essential. To make cleanup quick and easy, consider a cheap floor vacuum or sweeper.
9) Workstation Cleaning. The layout of an office is not efficient most of the time. Rearranging furniture and workstations can prove to be more efficient and more visually appealing even in a small office. You can make cleaning simpler by creating more space.
10) Consider Visitor’s Perspective. Look at your surroundings as you walk in the front door. Sit down in the waiting area.
Also, where the client would normally sit, take a seat in the chair across from your desk. You are sure to see areas that need cleaning or improvement if you view the office as a potential client does.
Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial Services in Longmont, Brighton, Dacono, Erie, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Eldorado Springs, Fort Lupton, Hygiene & Boulder Colorado
It can prove to be a hassle and even a disturbance to your job if you take care of the bulk cleaning. Outsourcing the cleaning can be helpful in so many ways, but most importantly, to ensure your business is presentable. Call Baker Sandoval Cleaning to clean your Boulder, Colorado business.