As many schools are starting to return to in-person learning once again, it’s time to think about keeping those classrooms clean to keep kids safe. Now more than ever, it is vital that the classroom is a place where kids have the ability to learn and grow to catch up on what they have missed as they have been at home. It is important that you follow cleaning guidelines that will help in the effort to make classrooms the safest place for kids to be during the day. Baker Sandoval Cleaning is here to share our best classroom cleaning tips to help you keep your schools clean.
What Cleaning Should Be Done Daily?
There are several cleaning tasks that should be done on a daily basis in the classroom to help stay on top of any germs and create a valuable learning space for children. Following are cleaning tasks that shouldn’t be ignored.
– Vacuuming: The floor in your classroom may be carpet. If that’s the case, it should be vacuumed regularly to help stay on top of dust mites that can be irritating for anyone who experiences allergies, including children. Carpet is valuable as it traps these allergens, but you have to clean out these allergens using your vacuum.
– Mopping: If you have a classroom that has hard flooring, it will require mopping just as often as carpeted classrooms get vacuumed. During the winter months, you will most likely need to mop more often to stay on top of any mud or other mess that comes in on the shoes of kids that have been out in the snow.
– Cleaning Desk Spaces: It’s no secret that kids have a whole lot of bacteria on their little hands. This is why their desk spaces should be cleaned and disinfected daily. Not only should desks be disinfected every day, but any other shared space as well. This could include keyboards, doorknobs, light switches and other high touch surfaces.
– Removing Trash: The trash cans should be taken out every night after a long day of learning. Don’t wait for it to overflow or for the trash to start smelling bad.
– Sink Cleaning: Many classrooms have a sink area where kids can wash hands and fill up water bottles. This is a place where a large number germs may congregate which makes it an important space to clean and disinfect at the end of the day. Wiping this area down will also eliminate the risk of mold and mildew starting to grow.
School Cleaning & Janitorial Services in Longmont, Brighton, Dacono, Erie, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Eldorado Springs, Fort Lupton, Hygiene & Boulder Colorado
If you are having a hard time staying on top of your school cleaning tasks, you can count on the professional janitors at Baker Sandoval Cleaning to help. We specialize in keeping commercial buildings clean which includes schools. We know it is more important than ever to keep schools clean so that students can continue to learn where they need to. Call us today!