The most important critical environment in nearly every business is the server room or data center. Employees and customers alike rely on the data center’s performance 24/7, all year long. Keep your data center running longer as any downtime seriously disrupts the flow of business. With the professional cleaning experts, we understand a critical environment like a server room has the utmost importance for cleanliness. Professionals from Baker Sandoval Cleaning can help you keep the server room spotless, so the performance is at maximum efficiency. Below, we have listed the top reasons you should consider having a professional clean your data center.
Benefits of Professional Computer Room & Data Center Cleaning
1) Improve longevity and performance of electronic equipment with cleanliness. With each machine drawing in air to cool internal components, and the hardware in your data center runs continuously, the dust and debris are also being drawn inside. Significant damage can occur with accumulating dust insulating the machines, which reduces the natural heat transfer. Dirty server rooms will cause the equipment to overheat and accelerate the corrosion of the internal components and circuitry, which will decrease the longevity of the equipment.
2) Routine cleaning is a downtime reduction strategy. Businesses experience more lengthy downtimes and delays when the machines cannot properly cool down efficiently or require replacement, and the downtime can be costly. According to research, the lost productivity, lost revenue and repairs costs businesses an average of $5,600 per minute with a data center’s downtime. Routine critical environment cleaning helps reduce the downtime as it optimizes performance and longevity of the equipment, minimizes the dust that reduces equipment lifecycles, and eliminating the dust and debris can help with early detection, such as frayed wiring for example. Ensure cleaning is never missed with a cleaning expert and avoid challenging in-house cleaning and care that can do more harm than good.
3) Prevent filtration system being clogged with dust and dirt. The dust, debris, and contaminants from the air are constantly being filtered by the data center’s air filtration system. To properly cool your critical environment the CRAC, or Computer Room Air Conditioning, is working harder to compensate. With routine professional cleaning, you will require fewer filter changes and more efficient filtration.
4) Unclean environments attracts rodents and pests. Rodents can contribute to expensive damages and are often a huge source of contamination in server rooms. For instance, in 2012, due to a squirrel infestation, a respectable data center spent several days offline. Keeping the room properly cleaned can significantly reduce the likelihood of pest contamination.
5) Safer workplace with data center cleaning services. Any systems administrator or IT professional, a data center fire is a nightmare. Small fires are likely to cause downtime, data loss, and lost equipment and major fires can be a safety risk. According to data research, server room fires account for just 6% of commercial infrastructure failures. When compared to other types of workplace fires, this type of fire has much more significant cost. A clean room reduces the risk of fires significantly, keeping the environment safe.