Since dust mites are microscopic and you can’t see them with your naked eye, many people don’t realize how many of them live in their home. These tiny little creatures cause problems for many people around the world daily. They are found all over your home; in your couches, beds, carpet, and rugs. Baker Sandoval Cleaning is here to talk about the effects dust mites have on your health and the overall cleanliness of your home.
Can You See Dust Mites With the Human Eye?
You probably don’t realize how many dust mites are in your home, and may be asking yourself why it is that they are so common. Dust mites feed off of the dead skin that we produce every day. A dust mite just looks like a speck of dust to most people, and it isn’t even the dust mite itself that causes the most problems; it’s the waste they produce. As they make their way through your home, eating all the organic matter they can find, they leave behind waste. This waste they produce is what causes so many health problems for so many people.
Dust Mite Allergy Symptoms; Itchy Skin, Rash & More
Not all people will suffer from allergies caused by dust mites. But there are several people that suffer from respiratory illnesses like severe allergies and asthma, that are greatly affected. Some people that have never suffered from allergies in their life find themselves wheezing, sneezing and with red, itchy eyes at times if the dust mite population is out of control in their home.
Facts About Dust Mites
Here are some interesting facts about dust mites that you may not know:
• The average home has about 10 million dust mites living in it.
• The common household dust you find in your home is actually made up of fecal matter as well as cast skins from dust mites.
• Dust mites are considered to be arachnids, which is the same class as spiders and ticks.
• Pets with a thick fur coat has proven to improve the dust mite population in your home.
How to Avoid Dust Mites in a Room or Whole House
To keep the dust mite population down in your home, follow some of these tips:
• Vacuum rather than sweep. Sweeping tends to stir up dust mites and waste while using a vacuum with a HEPA filter contains it.
• Wash your bedding weekly
• Keep the humidity in your home low and use a dehumidifier if needed.
• Properly groom pets to keep pet dander low.
House, Janitorial & Commercial Cleaning Services in Longmont, Brighton, Dacono, Erie, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Eldorado Springs, Fort Lupton, Hygiene & Boulder Colorado
Nobody wants to think about the amount of dust mites in their home. If you have a respiratory illness, it is important to stay on top of the problem. Hiring a professional cleaning company like Baker Sandoval Cleaning will help you stay on top of the problem and remove the fine dust and dust mites that are deeply embedded in your home or office building. Call us today!